Enter your feature wish or bug report

Modulate points of a waveform

It would be great to be able to modulate the points of a waveform by different sources!

58 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    MorenoMoreno shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

11 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • PhinkTinkPhinkTink commented  · 

As a user, "limit this feature for now" sounds like, you won't get what you want. But, in case of respecting time, money and stability of the program itself. I think this limited version of Waveform modulation is acceptable, as long as the implementation is handy, usefull and won't break other processes of developement

• Jakob RangAdminJakob Rang (Founder, Cableguys) commented  · 

With the new macros feature we could route macros to wavepoints by simple drag'n'drop.

It would be much simpler (and higher chance that we implement it soon) if we'd limit this feature for now, and only route macros to wavepoints. And then expand it later it there is demand. What do you think?

• dodododo commented  · 

Yes please!! :) The sound design possibilities should be quite enormous to create complex waveforms. It should be possible to add more than one source to a point to a waveform, e.g. slow LFO, Fast LFO, Envelope triggered with KeyOn events, etc.. ;)

• YellowhammerYellowhammer commented  · 

I agree with jasonswe. Although this would be a cool feature, basics like Midi Learn would be far more useful to a lot of users.

• jasonswejasonswe commented  · 

I disagree that modulating the points of a waveform is a so desperately necessary a function over some of the more basic needs mentioned on the forum. A wave's pulse can be modulated already via the modulation matrix. Unless you mean you would like more control over sequencing using LFO modulation...sort of like one can do with Native Instruments Massive's modulation-capable envelopes. Let's try to get Curve off of the ground into the air as a nicely programmable synthesizer before we give it these kind of extras. This is my opinion as a patch designer. Cheers

• Jakob RangAdminJakob Rang (Founder, Cableguys) commented  · 

This feature has a time estimate of: 34

The order in which we implement features is determined by the "bang". This is your votes divided by a time estimate (specification + implementation time).

A simple feature will have a time estimate of "1". A more complex feature that takes 20 times as long to implement has an estimate of "20", and needs 20 times as many points as the simple one before we address it.

Of course the bang is not the only thing that influences us, we also see our role in making the final decision. But we need strong arguments if we postpone a feature with a high bang.

• MorenoMoreno commented  · 

Modulation Sources could be assigned by rightclicking, which opens a list with the sources. And of course the additional possibility of MIDI learn to assign a hardware-controller of your choice...

• vladvlad commented  · 

Automation by the DAW? or you need modulate all points?

• EichhornEichhorn commented  · 

You don't have to use it. This way you can keep the synth simple. But there are power-users out there as well ;)

• CharlesCharles commented  · 

It sounds a really interesting idea. But would it detract from the simplicity of the synth? This is a major attraction of it I think. There are many other synths around for millions of modulated sources etc. However, i'm not knocking the idea in general, it sounds very cool. Also makes my head hurt thinking about how many options it opens up!

• MorenoMoreno commented  · 

By altering the waveforms a huge amount of sonic possibilities unfold...

Feedback and Knowledge Base